Updated rules and regulations for drone flights: Spoiler, you need a license. Don’t panic, we’ve got your resources here!


The Federal Aviation Administration now requires all recreational drone operators to pass and carry The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) certification in the US.

The following entities are FAA approved test administrators of TRUST:

The certification is FREE, provides education, safety and regulation information to drone pilots. As of June 2021, this is a one time test, however, if you lose your certificate, you will need to retest to obtain a new certificate.

Please visit the FAA for additional information and safety resources.

The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) (faa.gov)