Updated rules and regulations for drone flights: Spoiler, you need a license. Don’t panic, we’ve got your resources here!
The Federal Aviation Administration now requires all recreational drone operators to pass and carry The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) certification in the US.
The following entities are FAA approved test administrators of TRUST:
- The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA)
- The Boy Scouts of America
- Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Community College of Allegheny County – West Hills Center
- Drone U
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)
- HSU Educational Foundation
- Lake Area Technical College
- Pilot Institute
- Drone Launch Academy LLC
- Proctorio Incorporated
- Tactical Aviation
- CrossFlight Sky Solutions
- UAV Coach
- University of Arizona Global Campus
- Volatus Aerospace Corp
The certification is FREE, provides education, safety and regulation information to drone pilots. As of June 2021, this is a one time test, however, if you lose your certificate, you will need to retest to obtain a new certificate.
Please visit the FAA for additional information and safety resources.